On Tuesday 17th November, the First Minister announced that Stirling will be placed in Tier 4 of Covid-19 Local Protection Level together with 10 other local authority areas.
Mrs Sturgeon said:”Stirling has experienced a particularly sharp increase in cases in the last week. While some of that can be attributed to specific outbreaks, there is also a level of community transmission that must be tackled.“
This is a devastating news and we feel for every single business and individual that is affected by the new restrictions.
What does Level 4 Mean?
- You should not meet anyone indoors who is not in your household.
- You can meet people from other households outdoors in a private garden or in a public place such as a park. The maximum number of people who can meet outdoors is 6 which can be from up to 2 separate households. (children under the age of 12 exempt)
- All hospitality will be closed. Regardless of alcohol sale etc.
- Takeaways can still operate as normal, provided food and drink is sold for consumption off premises.
- All holiday accommodation is closed to tourism. Hotels, B&Bs and self-catering can remain open for essential customers only and serve them food and deliver room service (including alcohol).
- Only essential retail will be able to remain open.
- Close contact services and mobile close contact service providers must not operate. This includes hairdressing and barbers, beauty and nail services, tattoo, piercing and body modification, massages, tailors, spa and wellness services.
- No live events are permitted.
- Indoor sports facilities are closed. Gyms must close.
- All leisure and entertainment premises must be closed.
- All indoor visitor attractions such as museums, galleries, heritage attractions, indoor areas of zoos and aquariums are closed.
- Places of worship are required to take measures to protect individuals, worshippers, staff members and volunteers from infection of COVID-19.
Find more information at www.gov.scot
These new restrictions will come in place on Friday 20th November at 6pm. The Level 4 restrictions will be in place for three weeks – and may be lifted on December 11
We want to let you all know that we are here for you, please get in touch and we’ll do what we can to support you.
Pleasse get in touch with the Project Director, Danielle McRorie-Smith, direcetly if you wish to discuss any questions or concerns. The number to call is 07469781041.
If you prefer to e-mail us, use email@example.com and we’ll respond to you promptly.
We will continue working with the coronavirus local business partnership and make sure to let you know as soon as we become aware of any new support available.
We’ll continue sending weekly newsletters and share updates on social media so be sure to subscribe to our mailing list or follow us on social media (we are on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram).
Below is a summary of other support that is currently available and what we’ll do to help you promote either that your business is still open (e.g. for takeaway) or that you’re selling online or have gift vouchers available.
Access the newsletter sent out on Tuesday 17th November here.